Thursday, August 31, 2017

Beautiful Shed !

  With Summer almost over,  and not many updates posted,  thought it was time for a report on the projects the B.B.R. has been working on.  
  I really wanted to do a little work on making the layout look like a railway,  instead of the "Pink Foam Railway".   Before I ballast the track though,  I decided it was a good idea to build and install my platforms in the station area,  that way the ballast won't get in the way when it came time to install them.  They are by no means finished,  with details like lamps,  bench seats,  and weathering to do,  but the basic platforms are in.   More on those later.   
  I thought it had been long enough without a major structure on the layout too,  so I got to work on a pretty nice laser cut kit by LCUT,   fairly inexpensive at  £36.99.  Their Small Loco Shed seemed just right for my Col. Stephens line,  and a good fit for my small station at Boxer Bay Jct.   Overall I was very happy with the kit,   everything fit pretty good,  and was easy to build with simple wood glue. Instructions could have been better - what else is new !  Painting and weathering was easy,  with chalk powders giving the final touch.  
  I'm still learning and think my weathering is getting better,  but I also build within my limits,  so I maintain a consistent level throughout my modelling.  Here is a few photos of how the scene now looks,  starting to look more like a Railway.   Hope Everyone has a Great Time @ Telford Guildex  :))  All for now ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment