Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Christmas in May !

  After a long hard day at work,  what could be a better welcome home then the following sight ?
My Minerva 57xx Riveted Pannier Tank,  a GWR Iron Mink van,  plus  the G0G May Gazette,  and Niki guarding it until my arrival :) 


 The 57xx is another super model from Minerva,  had a quick test run on the railway.  It runs super smooth, and is very quiet.

 So what is a Col Stephens line doing with a 57xx ? Well that's a good question. There has been an extension added to the railway, which was planned. The line now cuts through a wall and into an adjacent closet to form a fiddle / storage area. That will represent a connection with the GWR, or S&D depending on what mood I'm in. The Boxer Bay Railway commences at "Windrush Junction" and curves off heading for Boxer Bay docks. At least that's the story I'm sticking with.  Now I need to get up my courage and have a go at weathering a loco or two,  wagons I enjoy,  locos make me nervous !

No comments:

Post a Comment