Friday, July 13, 2018

Slater's 4 Wheel Coach Build Finished

  It has been a long long time since the last update,  however I have not been unproductive.  There has been some good progress on both the railway,  and an important new piece of rolling stock.  Railway updates will be coming soon when I have more photogenic progress to show.

 I have now finished a project which took much longer then anticipated,  but I'm happy it's finished.  The first coach for the BBR is complete and ready for revenue service.  Okay it does need a bit of weathering,  but otherwise it is complete.   I decided to go with 2 different liveries,  as the coach is almost exclusively viewed from one side at a time.  It was a complex kit to build,  but overall very enjoyable.   Last point,  praise for Slater's,  as the kit was missing 1 of the roof lamp castings,  and they supplied the missing part to me super quick,  and for no charge.  

 Overall I would recommend this kit.   Well designed,  fit of all parts was excellent,  instructions well written with helpful diagrams,  price is very reasonable.  Made in the UK  :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment