Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Proper Workbench

After spending several years working on a nice homemade but rather small workbench,  I decided it was time for an upgrade.  Thankfully I didn't have to buy anything, as my Mom saved a real quality desk,  and I mean quality.  It comes from an era when they knew how to build a proper piece of furniture !   An estimated guess puts it in the 1940s, but could be even older.  It features a HUGE tabletop compared to the previous bench,  perfect for working in O scale.  Plenty of drawer space, and pull out shelves for extra work area,  always a plus. Only change to it was painting it a light colour, which makes it perfect for finding those small details that fly away from the tweezers.  It was a tight fit getting it through the doorway I'll tell you :)    You can't beat real solid wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment