Thursday, December 26, 2019

Vintage Thursday - Lutton Branch

Time does fly,  the last Vintage Thursday for 2019 is one that has always interested me,  but not for the trains so much as they way they're operated !   Frank Roomes' O gauge layout is operated with block signalling,  bell codes,  and followed a proper timetable.  Seeing articles on his fine layout explaining the proper procedures of railway operation introduced me to all this and I've always found it a fascinating subject ever since.  I do plan on operating my Boxer Bay Railway to a timetable sequence, with signals, and some form of block instruments,  but that is all in the future.  The Lutton branch layout was 12' x 12' end to end design, stud contact.  No continuous running,  no super fine detailed scenery,  but loads of atmosphere and all operated just like the real thing.  I sure wish I could've visited, just once.







No comments:

Post a Comment