Saturday, May 16, 2020

2 New Old Wagons

Managed to find time to get 2 "new" old wagons restored and ready for service on the BBR.  First is a nice LMS refrigerator van,  built from an unknown kit I presume.  Purchased second hand it only required the wheels to be re-gauged,  and a few details added.  I may not weather this model as it's going to be a fairly new wagon in my era.


The next one must be ancient, mostly wood construction, perhaps a CCW kit ?  I do like the older kits even though they may not be totally accurate or have "finescale" details.  They just have character and I enjoy the heftiness.  This model required a bit more work to get into shape,  with no brake detail or side steps when acquired.  This Fruit D van will come in handy during harvest time for the strawberries :)

No comments:

Post a Comment