Saturday, October 15, 2016

Background Info

So,  here is a little summary of the idea behind this model railway.  Not being a native of England,  I have no special connection with any area or railway company.  I do find the time period of about 1900 to 1930 particularly fascinating,  and have a great love of the Victorian era Steam locomotive. I really like the elements of many different railway companies,  including the Col. Stephens light railways, so I've decided to model a fictional line,  allowing me to model exactly what I like !  

Location :  Somewhere along the coast in Somerset !
Time Period :   1920 - 1935
Railway  :   Boxer Bay Railway (B.B.R.)
Length of Line :  Approx.  25 Miles
Type of Line :  Coast Harbour to inland connections with GWR &  S&DJR 
Traffic :  Coal / Peat Moss / Hancock's Beverage Co. (Ale) / Fish / Farming Equipment / Fruit & Dairy
Locomotives :    A1  Terrier 0-6-0T  /   '02'  0-4-4T  /  1F 0-6-0T  /  Peckett 0-4-0T  + Anyothers I can get  :)

What's in a name ?   Don't go looking for the seaside town of Boxer Bay,  it doesn't exist.   The name comes from my fondness of the Boxer breed of canine,  of which I've had 4 in my life so far,  and my interest of the seaside and all things maritime.  The town is supposedly based in Somerset along the coast of the Bristol Channel,  somewhere South of Highbridge,  where it connects with the Somerset & Dorset Railway,  and Great Western Railway.  I wanted this connection to the "rest of the world" as I'm also an S&D enthusiast,  in fact I owe my interest in railways in large part to Ivo Peters and his photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment