Saturday, January 6, 2018

Where the Magic Happens

 Well,  sort of.   I consider myself an average model builder who is (hopefully) improving with each kit or project I work on.  The biggest thing I have to work on is probably the toughest for a lot of us,  patience !
I love starting,  and finishing projects.  I also enjoy the middle,  but if it starts to take what I perceive to be too long,  I start to rush a job.   

 To start off the new year,  I decided it was time to tidy up the workshop,  in preparation for a new year of model building.  As much as I love my 7mm railway and models,  I also enjoy building 1950s Grand Prix and Sports Cars,  Ships,  and now a new interest also in O scale,  but 1/4"  Proto 48,  set in British Columbia in the 1950s.  It's going to be a busy year.  

 One New Year's Resolution I have is to spend at least 1 hour per day at the workbench.  If there is any chance of that happening,  it'll need to be organized,  clean,  and be a pleasant place to be.  Luckily it's a nice room on the main floor of our home,  has good natural light,  well heated,  and access to the internet with infinite music available !

 I like my space to be just that,  space.   I don't like a lot of tools or parts lying around.  I keep most of my tools in 6 drawers on a side table,  easily within reach when needed,  that way most of the table is kept clear for the projects.  I have a few favorite paintings hung that inspire me in different ways,  one is Terence Cuneo's  Bentley vs Blue Train,  boy if I could only be able to paint like that !
New where did I put that drill  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment